Wednesday 6 March 2019

FIRST LANDING RESORTS & VILLA – A STORY OF MET EXPECTATIONS

In today’ s world of exaggerated promises and failed expectations it was with little faith I tried experiencing a vacation at the FIRST LANDING RESORT & VILLA, I came expecting exaggerated promises – I’ll say they met my expectations and beyond, this is my review.





Having read about the number of guests they could host here at a time, it was with no surprise I saw a small sized resort upon my arrival here. According to my host, this is aimed at having their guests here comfortable. With an optimum number of guests at a time – they could cater to them sufficiently.

It’s important I mention that the Fijian word for WELCOME is ‘BULA’ and it was the first word the resort receiving staff said to me upon my arrival.

“Mousier, BULA!!!!” he said.

I must say for a moment I thought I was in France instead of Fiji.

Let me give you an overview of the accommodation:
• Beachfront spa bure: they consist of a configuration system design with features like air conditioning, bathroom spa, a secret window to access ocean views. In my opinion – the ocean views are the best views from this lodge.
• Deluxe Garden Bures: one unique feature about this lodge is the separate lounge and fully equipped kitchen.
• Garden Villa: consists of 2 bedrooms with each having a private bathroom and outdoor showers. Here, the master bedroom comes with a spa bath. Each villa has its private pool, a spa, a big verandah, and a large kitchen.
• Royal Villa: comes with a master bedroom, double bath, ocean view and lots more.

Also, important I note that the little number around made it easy for the resort to attend to the needs of the number of guests available. The staff to guest ratio was adequate.

With these facilities below – I felt at home:
• 24-hour reception and security
• Available Nannies
• Bars, spas, beachfront
• Medical staff
• Conference centers/rooms
• Internet and Wi-Fi connections
• Comfortable swimming pools

DAY ACTIVITIES
As a regular traveler, my day after working, involved taking a spa treatment, relaxing under the palm trees listening to the live band playing music, at times I took walks in the garden to learn more about Fijian plants. The weekend comes with extra fun, there is a dance show, where different country dances are performed.

Other fun activities include the following:

• Beach Volley
• Coconut husking
• Kava ceremony (Fijian event)
• Etc.

RESTAURANTS
Fiji is known for her food. My experience wasn’t complete without dining to a local Fijian delicacy. The MAI KANA is one of Fiji’s famous restaurant; they offer a combination of the best foods, friendly staff and nature views. There is a world class Chef there, in the person of Chef Darren Braddock; he brings his accumulated wealth of experience to the table.

EVENTS

The FIRST LANDING RESORTS & VILLA can serve as the location for events, with available scenery of nature, and support of hospitality and fantastic staff. Also available for assistance is a team of events experts & coordinators.

CONTACT
The FIRST LANDING RESORT & VILLA is located 17KM North-West of the Nadi International Airport. This journey is about 15 minutes -drive. Should you decide to have an experience like I did (I’ll recommend you do); for your  bookings and inquiry, kindly contact Aqua travel group. They provide the best travel services. With them I can assure a remarkable and beautiful  experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE PLANTATION ISLAND FIJI

BULA!!! That’s in Fijian, in English, it is translated to WELCOME!!! BULA sounded a locally made gun just shot in my direction. I...